Whether you’ve been back to school for a few weeks or a few days, we hope the new school year is off to a great start. This week marks the first anniversary for Best of SNO. The traditional first anniversary gift is paper, but at SNO we don’t use much paper. Instead, we’re sending this email with updates and a few story ideas.
What do we look for?
Primarily, we look for high quality and broad appeal. We want to see your best, so show us what you can do. Skip the routine stories on tired topics. Nothing about us or you is cookie-cutter, so we’ll make some exceptions if we come across something that is a bit different and worth sharing. (And occasionally clever, well written stories about puppies, squirrels, and even hedgehogs.)
Submit your best work for Best of SNO.
In a couple weeks, we’ll start publishing new content to Best of SNO each day. We need your submissions from this school year (after Aug. 1). Follow us on Twitter @BestofSNO.
ICYMI (In case you missed it), a few gems from 2013-14:
- Land of broken dreams
- High school food pantry a labor of love
- At Habitat house, a day of sun, sweat and spackle
- First-person shooter game ‘Wolfenstein: The New Order’ continues dystopian storyline
- New game release sweeps student attention
- New desks could be future of classrooms
- Stop making small talk about college
- Texas student ranks #1 on QuizUp app
- Even seniors get cut from the team