Revision Date: Septebmer 15, 2020
- What SNO Sites Is: We are a company that provides web hosting, web design, web marketing, and other web support to scholastic news and media organizations.
- What We Do: The Services include web design, web hosting, marketing, domain registration, and technical support services. The Services may change from time to time, and we reserve the right to modify, suspend, or terminate the Services with or without notice.
- Definitions: The following definitions apply:
- “Users” are persons or entities who either register an account through the Site, use the Services, or both.
- “Hosted Sites” are websites hosted by SNO sites or through the Site.
- When providing the Services, we require one ongoing point of contact for your school or organization. That contact must have the authority to make design, content, and marketing decisions.
- We may provide some Services for websites that are not Hosted Sites. For websites and other projects that are not Hosted Sites or pertaining to Hosted Sites, we may require access permissions or other rights or information as we may specify from time to time.
- You must provide all text, copy & images for your website. If the copy is not provided and delays the project, we may populate all text areas with ‘dummy text’ and continue as if the text was provided.
- You are solely responsible for the quality and accuracy of any text/copy you provide to us. We assume that any such text or copy is final and we will not be liable for any spelling errors, grammatical mistakes, or other problems or deficiencies in the text.
- SNO Sites reserves the right to refuse or terminate service to any User or prospective User that participates in conduct which may be deemed abusive, defamatory, or unlawful, including but not limited to the provision of material that may be in breach of copyright law. It is your duty to establish the rights to any material supplied for inclusion in the project. We cannot be held liable for any breeches in copyright or privacy as a result of content you supply.
- User Accounts: Users must register an account through the Site and purchase a subscription in order to use the Services.
- Registering an Account:
- The primary account owner must be at least 18 years of age to register an account or use the Services. By registering, you certify that you are 18 years of age or older.
- During the registration process, you will provided with a username and password. Your username and password are for your use alone and may not be shared with anyone (except with an authorized Account Administrator). If you believe that someone other than you has accessed your account, contact us immediately. To the extent permitted by law, you will be responsible for all activities that occur under your account and SNO Sites will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from such activities.
- The primary Account Administrator may create student user accounts at their discretion.
- SNO Sites reserves the right to refuse service to any organization or individual for any reason. We also reserve the right to suspend or terminate any account that is inactive for a period of more than three months.
- Registering an Account:
- Account Administrators:
- Users that register as Account Administrators will have the ability to add users to their account if desired.
- Account Administrators may use account information of users registered under the Administrator’s account to manage use and access by such users.
- Hosting and Support Plans
- Except as otherwise noted on the Site, we offer web hosting and web support services through our annual plans (the “Plans”). Plan terms begin on the date on which you register for a particular Plan and pay the associated fee (the “Commencement Date”). Plans expire one year after the Commencement Date and must be renewed to continue receiving Services. No refunds are available for Plans that are cancelled or terminated prior to the scheduled Plan expiration.
- It is your responsibility to identify and obey all applicable law regarding use of any Services available through the Site. By purchasing any Services through the Site, you represent that the Services will be used only in a lawful manner.
- We accept payments via credit or debit card payment, check, or purchase order.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that your payment information is up to date, and that all amounts due are paid on time. You agree to pay for the Services in advance of the time period during which such Services are provided. Failure to make such payment may result in suspension or termination of the Services. Subject to applicable laws, rules, and regulations, payments received will be first applied to the oldest amount due in your account.
- Account Cancellation
- You may cancel your account or any Service at any time by emailing us at email@example.com with “Cancellation Request” in the subject line. You must send the email from the email account used to register your account. In the case of Administrator accounts, the email must be sent from the email address the Administrator account was registered under.
- After cancelation or termination of a Service or account, we will retain your affected User Content and any content on an affected Hosted Sites for a period of 60 days to allow you to export or otherwise collect such content.
- We do not issue refunds for cancellation of Plans or other Services, failure to use the Services, or dissatisfaction with the Site or the Services.
- User Content
- You, not SNO Sites, are solely responsible for anything you submit, share, or transmit on or through the Site or on any Hosted Site, including but not limited to images, video files, audio files, links, text, code, script, records, documents, or other information (“User Content”).
- At SNO Sites, we value free speech and journalistic integrity. We do, however, prohibit any User Content that may:
- be inaccurate, fraudulent, or misleading;
- be defamatory, libelous, threatening, harassing, abusive, or unlawful in any way;
- contain pornography or be harmful to minors; or
- contain any viruses, bots, corrupted files, or any other similar software, malware, or materials that may damage, interfere with, disrupt, impair, disable, or overburden the operation of any device, computer system or network.
- You acknowledge that, although SNO Sites strives maintain the functionality of the Site, User Content may be lost, deleted, corrupted, erased, removed, or otherwise destroyed at any time. The Site should not be treated as a storage mechanism for any User Content and Users should maintain adequate local backups of all User Content. Such backups should not be maintained on the Site or any SNO Sites servers.
- Prohibited Actions
- Violating the law or infringing on the rights of others. This includes, but is not limited to, use of the Site or Services for any purpose that is not permitted under the laws of the jurisdiction where you use the Site or the Services;
- Impersonating anyone or invading anyone’s privacy;
- Using the Site or the Services any way that is misleading, inaccurate, or fraudulent;
- Harassing, threatening, defaming, or otherwise abusing or victimizing anyone;
- Interfering with the operation or availability of the Site or the Services;
- Creating or transmitting unwanted communications or “spam” to any person or site;
- Sharing, distributing, or otherwise making your password or login information available to any third parties.
- Limitation of Liability
IN NO EVENT WILL SNO SITES, ITS DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PERSON FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING FOR ANY LOST PROFITS OR LOST DATA ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES, OR ANY USER CONTENT, USER WEBSITES OR OTHER MATERIALS UPLOADED TO THE SITE OR ACCESSED OR DOWNLOADED THROUGH THE SERVICES, EVEN IF SNO SITES IS AWARE OR HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY CONTAINED HEREIN, SNO SITES’S LIABILITY TO YOU, OR ANY PARTY CLAIMING THROUGH YOU, FOR ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER, AND REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF THE ACTION, IS LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT PAID, IF ANY, BY YOU TO SNO SITES FOR THE SERVICES IN THE THREE (3) MONTHS PRIOR TO THE INITIAL
ACTION GIVING RISE TO LIABILITY. THIS IS AN AGGREGATE LIMIT. THE EXISTENCE OF MORE THAN ONE CLAIM HEREUNDER WILL NOT INCREASE THIS LIMIT.
To the extent permitted by law, you agree to indemnify and hold SNO sites and its governors, members, managers, and agents harmless from against any and all losses, damages, liabilities, deficiencies, claims, actions, judgments, settlements, interest, awards, penalties, fines, costs, or expenses of whatever kind, including attorneys’ fees, that are incurred by SNO sites and arise out of or relate to your use of the Site or the Services, any breach or violation of this agreement by you, or any of your User Content.
- Third Party Services and Links
- This Site may provide links to other websites allowing you to access third-party material or bringing third-party material into this Site via “inverse” hyperlinks and framing technology (a “Linked Site”). SNO sites has no control over the content on a Linked Site. The fact that SNO sites has provided a link to a website is not an endorsement, authorization, or affiliation with respect to such site, its owners, or its providers. There are inherent risks in relying upon, using, or retrieving any information found on the internet, and SNO sites urges you to make sure you understand these risks before relying upon, using, or retrieving any such information on a Linked Site.
- Property Rights
- All materials on the Site or on any Hosted Site other than User Content are either owned by SNO Sites or are the property of SNO Sites’s suppliers or licensors. You may not use these materials except as we give you written permission to do so. You are prohibited from modifying, copying, distributing, displaying, selling, licensing, or creating derivative works of any content available on or through the Site, and from using such content for commercial or public purposes.
- The trademarks, logos, and service marks (collectively, “Marks”) displayed on the Site, and any SNO sites Marks displayed on any Hosted Site, are the property of SNO sites or other parties. You are prohibited from using any Marks for any purpose without the written permission of SNO sites or such third party which may own the Marks. All information and content located on the Site is protected by copyright.
- Violation of Copyright or Intellectual Property Laws. We respect the intellectual property of others, and we ask our users to do the same. We may, in appropriate circumstances and at our sole discretion, remove or disable access to any materials on the Site that we believe may infringe on the rights of others. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement or otherwise infringes on your intellectual property rights, you may take advantage of certain provisions of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) to report alleged infringements. If you believe that your work has been copied and pasted on or made accessible through the Site in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide our designated agent (as set forth below) with the following information:
- Identification of the copyrighted work that you believe to be infringed. Please describe the work, and where possible include a copy or the location (e.g., URL) of an authorized version of the work.
- Identification of the material that you believe to be infringing and its location. Please describe the material and provide us with its URL or any other pertinent information that will allow us to locate the material.
- Your name, address, telephone number and (if available) e-mail address.
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that the complained of use of the materials is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information that you have supplied is accurate, and indicating that “under penalty of perjury,” you are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
- A signature or the electronic equivalent from the copyright holder or authorized representative.
Our agent for copyright issues relating to the Site is as follows: Tom Hutchinson, firstname.lastname@example.org, 855-543-9766, PO Box 2277 Burnsville, MN 55337
- YOUR USE OF THE SITE AND THE SERVICES IS AT YOUR OWN RISK AND DISCRETION.
- UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED HEREIN, ALL INFORMATION AND SERVICES ON THE SITE OR OBTAINED FROM A LINKED SITE ARE PROVIDED TO YOU “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, SECURITY, OR ACCURACY.
- The information published on the Site or a Linked Site may include inaccuracies or typographical errors. SNO sites does not warrant or represent that the content on the Site is complete or up-to-date. SNO sites is under no obligation to update the content on the Site. SNO sites may change the content on the Site at any time without notice.
- SNO sites does not warrant that your use of the Site, the Services, or any Hosted Site will be secure, uninterrupted, error-free, available, or accurate, or that any defects in the Site or in any Hosted Site will be corrected. SNO sites makes no warranties about the continued availability of the Site or Services.
- We do not guarantee that any information provided by a User or on a Hosted Site is accurate and disclaim any liability and responsibility for such information.
- We do not resolve or get involved in disputes between Users.
- You will be responsible for all activities that occur under your account and, to the extent permitted by federal law, SNO sites will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from such activities.
- Mobile Application Services
- Some or all of the Services may be available to Users through a mobile device via the SNO Sites website. Availability of Services may vary by mobile device, mobile service provider, and other factors.
- When accessing the Site or the Services on a mobile device, you consent for us to communicate with you via that device, including by SMS, MMS, application notifications, etc.
- You are advised that your mobile service provider’s data, usage, message, and other charges or fees may apply when using the Site or the Services
- General Provisions
- Contact information: If you have any questions or need further information as to the Site or the Services, or need to notify SNO sites as to any matters relating to the Site or Services, please contact us promptly using the information below:
SNO sites | 220 Sibley St, #310 | Hastings, Minnesota (MN) 55033