With the end of the school year and summer break quickly approaching, we bet you’ve probably started a countdown or two, either in your planner, on your phone or maybe even directly on your site.
No matter how many upcoming events you’re tracking on your calendar, we hope you’ll add one more:
The deadline for Best of SNO and Distinguished Sites badge entries this year is Wednesday, June 1.
To keep with the theme of countdowns, that means there are only 43 days left for submissions.
Struggling to earn a badge or a Best of SNO publication? We hear you.
Best of SNO and Distinguished Sites is a highly competitive process. Even so, our intent is never for you or your students to feel frustrated or get discouraged.
Here are some resources to help:
- Check out this presentation for more Best-of-SNO specific criteria, or peruse this one for information on the other Distinguished Sites badges.
- Take a look at some of this year’s Best of Best of SNO reports to get a feel for the types of content we publish to Best of SNO (and why).
- Take a look at our All Badge Recipients page for inspiration and guidance.
- Sign up for a free Feedback Session. You provide the story, and we’ll provide a few tips to make it more likely to be published to Best of SNO. Or, you provide the badge material, and we’ll review it with you.
Not feeling super motivated? We get that, too.
Maybe some of these incentives will help:
- Get recognized on Twitter each time you’re published to Best of SNO or earn a Distinguished Site badge.
- See your stories displayed on Best of SNO or your Distinguished Site featured on our SNO Sites Award Winners page for all to see (and admire).
- Receive a free Distinguished Sites plaque and letter to your principal in the mail, or order a personalized plaque for your Best of SNO winners.
- Most importantly, celebrate your success! Throw a donut party like The Dispatch staff at James Bowie High School or get fancy and hang some banners around your school like the Linganore High School Lance staff.
The countdown is on.