School Newspapers Online Succeeds in Bringing its Publishing Service to Institutions of Higher Education

Twin Cities-based School Newspapers Online (SNO), the nation’s leading provider of service and support to enable the electronic publication of school newspapers, announced today that it has successfully extended its industry-leading publishing services to institutions of higher education nationwide. With more than a dozen college and university customers now on the SNO platform, the company has affirmed what more than 460 publishers of high school newspaper publications have already learned: That its WordPress-based software service is both flexible and sophisticated enough to meet the needs of collegiate publishers as well.

“We simply couldn’t be more thrilled that a number institutions of higher education have put their trust in us to assist them with their newspaper publications, and not just because we’re more affordable than print,” said Jason Wallestad, co-founder of School Newspapers Online. “We continue to hear from advisers and newspaper staffs that our flexible, scalable templates have all the requisite design and display components for their publications to thrive in an era when news cycles, and student interest and demand for news, is 24/7.”

In addition to providing educational institutions with everything that they need to publish online, the unique SNO business model also guarantees that school publishers have complete control of their sites, including access to all of their code, the capability to fully customize the site to align with the institution’s existing brand guidelines and unlimited customer support.

“We are really excited to be publishing the El Camino College Union using the School Newspapers Online service,” said Kate McLaughlin, journalism instructor and student media adviser, at El Camino College, in Torrance, Calif. “From a cost perspective this makes tremendous sense, but more importantly, the SNO service provides us with the full complement of features and functionalities that have allowed us to create an elegant, attractive website for our school community.”

About School Newspapers Online
School Newspapers Online (SNO), was established in 2008 by a high-school newspaper adviser and teacher, and an expert in Internet content management systems. Based in the Twin Cities, SNO focuses specifically on the needs of college and high-school newspapers looking to create—or enhance—their presence on the Internet. With nearly 500 educational institution customers nationwide, SNO continues to meet or exceed the needs of newspaper advisers and their staffs in an era of tight school funding and in the face of the ever-increasing costs associated with print. The company aims to keep its websites affordable while offering all the functionality and design flexibility found on major newspaper sites. For more information, please visit schoolnewspapersonline.com.